Roger B. Chaffee Post 154


DD-214 Requests

Veterans or their next of kin with proof of death of the veteran such as a copy of a death certificate, letter from a funeral home or published obituary can request DD-214 military service records free of charge through MVAA.

A DD-214 Request Form needs to be completed, signed and submitted to MVAA.

 A request form can also be downloaded and either faxed to (517) 284-5297 or emailed to MVAAResourceCenter@michigan.gov

Requesting Expedited DD-214 for urgent DD-214 requests (e.g. upcoming surgery, funeral, etc.) or to request an expedited DD-214 after hours or on holidays, visits the National Archives website or call (314) 801-0800

Request may be made using eVetRecs Or by downloading the Standard Form 180 (SF-180) to request Military Records.

The nature of the emergency must be provided in the purpose section of the SF-180 which can be faxed to (314) 801-0764